- Dish type
- Main course
- Vegetarian pizza
Made with easy to find shop-bought ingredients, this pizza is a fantastically quick and easy way to enjoy asparagus when in season. Use any sort of blue cheese you fancy - Gorgonzola, Stilton, etc.
7 people made this
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and snapped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 125ml tomato pasta sauce or pizza topping
- 2 (150g) prebaked pizza bases (such as Napolina ©)
- 100g crumbled blue cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place asparagus on a baking tray; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the asparagus in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While asparagus is baking, spread the pizza sauce over the pizza bases. Distribute asparagus pieces and crumbles of blue cheese evenly over the pizzas.
- Return pizzas to centre rack of preheated oven; bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 8 to 10 more minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (6)
i loved this! I used fresh dough and baked it prior to the toppings. My hubbs thought the blue cheese was WAY to much! I used 3/4c blue cheese and 1/4 cup feta. Blue cheese is very strong and we used the 'good' blue-11 Oct 2010
this was ok. the flavors didn't really mesh as well as I had hoped...surprised people rated it so high. Not great, really just fair.-24 Nov 2010
This was very easy to make and surprisingly good. I wasn't sure how the flavors would mesh on a pizza, but my husband loved it. I did add crumbled turkey bacon for a little extra flavor.-20 Nov 2010